- JOY serves a free, nutritious meal each weekday from 10:30 – 11:45.
- JOY Inc provides office space to Disabled American Veterans Chapter 37 where Service Officers have assisted over 700 veterans with their benefits this past year. No appointment is necessary, just show up at 8:00 Tuesday & Thursday. Every weekday, DAV-37 has a 14 passenger van that transports veterans for treatment in Durham, NC.
- We also provide space to Partners in Health and Wholeness, a faith-based wellness program that is part of the NC Council of Churches.
- Pitt County AIDS Service Organization (PICASO) provides HIV screening and counseling on the first Wednesday of each month.
- Every month there is Diabetes and blood pressure screening provided during the mid-day meal.
- On occasional Saturdays, the ECU Dental School serves a meal and provides dental screening.
- Hurricane Florence Emergency Supplies
- Food Vouchers & Resource Service by Community Unity Network www.cun2015.org
- Select Here to view Office Space for Rent to Non-Profit or Faith Based Social Service Organization.
Christmas Dinner was served and takeout trays provided
from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm on Saturday, December 22th, 2018.
Ham, Turkey, Mac & Cheese, Green Beans.
J.O.Y Soup Kitchen was formed when Frances White, the director of the original Greenville Soup Kitchen, serving at The Mount Hermon Lodge, decided to retire. It was then that The Greenville Soup Kitchen joined forces with Barbara Taft and Jean Dawson who were serving meals at York Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church in west Greenville. Nancy Singleton suggested the name of Jesus Others and You. In 1995, we moved to the JOY Community Building at 700 Albemarle Avenue.
The Mission of JOY Inc is to establish, organize, operate and promote facilities and services in Pitt County for the benefit of the poor and other persons in need of such services necessary to feed, treat, educate, enrich, tutor, counsel, refer or rehabilitate them for the betterment of our community.
JOY runs a lean operation and is rich in volunteers and in-kind donations. If you would like to provide food or to Volunteer you can call (252) 561-7519 between 8:00 and noon. For Insurance reasons, individuals under 18 are not allowed in the kitchen.
Please feel free to join us for a meal, fellowship or to volunteer. And please be sure to tell others about our mission to serve those in our community who may be less fortunate than we are.