- JOY serves a free, nutritious meal each weekday from 10:30- noon
- No Saturday meals during Covid Takeout Services
- n/a during Covid: Evening Meals will be served Tuesday & Thursday from 5:00 – 6:00. Except second Tuesday of the month when Disabled American Veterans have their Chapter Meeting.
- JOY provides office space to Disabled American Veterans Chapter 37 where Service Officers have assisted over 700 veterans with their benefits this past year. No appointment is necessary, just show up at 8:00 Tuesday & Thursday. Every weekday, DAV-37 has a 14 passenger van that transports veterans for treatment in Durham, NC.
- JOY provides office space to Asociación de Mexicanos en Carolina del Norte (AMEXCAN) which is organized to Promote and Enhance the Knowledge about Mexican Culture, Traditions and Customs within the Community and to Enhance the Level of Education in the Mexican Community. They are located in offices 204 and 205 and can be accessed through the Albemarle Avenue entrance.
- n/a during Covid:
- Devotional at 10:30 on Monday – Thursday.
- Every month there is Diabetes and blood pressure screening provided during the mid-day meal.
- On occasional Saturdays, the ECU Dental School serves a meal and provides dental screening.
- Hurricane Florence Emergency Supplies
- Food Vouchers & Resource Service by Community Unity Network www.cun2015.org
Christmas Dinner was served and takeout trays provided
from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm on Saturday, December 22th, 2018.
Ham, Turkey, Mac & Cheese, Green Beans.
JOY Soup Kitchen was formed when Frances White, the director of the original Greenville Soup Kitchen, serving at The Mount Hermon Lodge, decided to retire. It was then that The Greenville Soup Kitchen joined forces with Barbara Taft and Jean Dawson who were serving meals at York Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church in west Greenville. Nancy Singleton suggested the name of Jesus Others and You. In 1995, we moved to the JOY Community Building at 700 Albemarle Avenue.
The Mission of Jesus, Others & You Inc is to establish, organize, operate and promote facilities and services in Pitt County for the benefit of the poor and other persons in need of such services necessary to feed, treat, educate, enrich, tutor, counsel, refer or rehabilitate them for the betterment of our community.
Please feel free to join us for a meal, fellowship or to volunteer. And please be sure to tell others about our mission to serve those in our community who may be less fortunate than we are.